Gift Aid Declaration

  • What is Gift Aid?

    Gift Aid is a tax relief allowing UK charities to reclaim an extra 25% in tax on every eligible donation made by a UK taxpayer.

    What do I have to do?

    When you donate, you’ll be asked to confirm whether or not you are a UK taxpayer. Please note that Gift Aid can only be reclaimed on donations made by individuals who pay UK income or capital gains tax at a rate at least equal to the amount reclaimed on their donations in the current tax year.

    Gift Aid should not be claimed when:

    • Making a donation in return for tickets (raffles, events and auctions) or goods and services (including ‘experience’ days). This is because they are not 'freewill' gifts - you are getting something in return for your donation. If we decide a donation has been incorrectly marked as eligible for Gift Aid, we can’t submit it.
    • Making a donation on behalf of someone else or a group of people. For example, if a friend gives you £10 which you donate to your Fundraising Page using your own card and details. Even if your friend is a UK taxpayer, the donation is not eligible because HMRC needs to know the details of the person actually contributing the funds.
    • Making a donation on behalf of a company. You can only make Gift Aid declarations on your own taxpayer status when spending your own money. However, a company can claim tax relief on the donation when donating directly to the charity.
    • Making a donation to a family member who's taking part in an event and their charity is contributing to the cost. For example, if you're donating to a close family member who is doing an overseas trek and the charity is paying for the cost of their trip.

    If you are unsure or would like further information please check   or advice about Gift Aid prior to uploading your donation.

    What if I am not a UK taxpayer?

    The Gift Aid scheme is unique to the UK. If you are not a UK taxpayer, you can still make a donation, but your donation will not be eligible for Gift Aid.

    What if I don’t live in the UK?

    A person living overseas can still claim Gift Aid provided that they are a UK taxpayer.

  • Pick a Date
  • Please notify the Charity if you:

    -want to cancel this declaration
    -change your name or home address
    -no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/ or capital gains

    If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self-Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code. 

     Lubavitch of Edgware,  A division of Chabad  Lubavitch UK, Registered Charity No. 227638 

  • Should be Empty:
Secure This page uses TLS encryption to keep your data secure.